Premier Legal Advocates For Your Family

Establishing Paternity In The Best Interests Of Your Children

Last updated on January 7, 2021

Establishing paternity not only gives biological fathers grounds for parenting time with and seek custody of their children, it also gives mothers grounds to seek child support payments and children an opportunity to spend time with both parents. Let our skilled team of attorneys guide you through the legal process and answer any questions you may have.

At our firm, we only practice in the areas of family law. This focus allows us to develop a deeper knowledge of Massachusetts’s domestic relations laws and foster relationships throughout the family law legal community. Our attorneys have decades of legal experience and are considered leaders in the community. We understand the complexities of paternity and child custody laws in the state as well as each step of the process for establishing paternity. Let us be your guide.

Zealous And Compassionate Guidance From Start To Finish

We understand that in cases of unmarried parents, building a strong parent-child bond may require intervention of the courts to establish parental rights. In Massachusetts, fathers have two options for establishing paternity:

  1. Signing a paternity acknowledgement form;
  2. Seeking establishment through the court via paternity testing.

At McEvoy & Stuntz LLP, we have helped numerous families throughout Massachusetts establish paternity for the purposes of gaining access to their children through fair parenting plans, and establishing and enforcing child support orders.

We understand the highly emotional and personal nature of these types of cases, which is why we offer mediation services to help parents come to amicable agreements rather than seeking litigation.

Get In Touch With Us Today

If you would like to learn more about establishing paternity in Massachusetts, please contact McEvoy & Stuntz LLP. We are equipped to answer any question and provide legal guidance you can trust. Contact our Concord office through our online contact form or by calling 978-591-5201.